Pages

♥ Read. Comment. Follow. ♥

Thursday, February 17, 2011

23 weeks! :-)

Hello again friends,

Week 23! Lets see where do I start.  Oh! Random Fact: According to my Bro-in-Law Josh, today is Micheal Jordan's birthday. 23 weeks...MJ's # is 23....get it?!? (I tried :-/)
Anyway lets move on shall we..."Yes..lets."

This week has been pretty stable for the most part. But I will take you on my adventure yet again. Here is the topic rundown: 
  • Article of the Week
  • High's and Low's
  • Red Light Special aka Valentines Day!


Article of the Week: 5 Worst Food For Pregnant Women 
(*courtesy of barycenter.com)

Ok, lets see how I stand up to the list!
1. Packaged ramen noodles - PASS- Haven't eaten these since college!
2. Soda - PASS - not a drop since I found out I was pregnant!
3. Shelf-stable commercial lunches - PASS - I had Lunchable on a road trip once. It made me sick!
4. Too many frozen prepared meals - FAIL - I eat Stouffer's Pot Roast at LEAST once/week! Oops!
5. Iceberg lettuce - PASS - the thought of lettuce makes me queezy..not a good thing. lol

I'm 4 for 5...YESSS!!
(Now had they mentioned ice cream, Buffalo chicken wings, or Chic-fil-a...I'd be singing another song..) This week I have been craving the oddest foods: I ONLY like breakfast and dinner. So I eat breakfast all day (cereal, waffles, bananas, orange juice, wheat toast etc, and then at night I will make dinner) For some reason I can't come up with anything remotely appetizing for lunch. 
No thank you Mr. Turkey Sandwhich!


HIGH & LOW's
The High's:
1. Aaron and I celebrated our very first Valentine's Day together as a married couple (oo la la la). Ha-ha...(Story Below) Annnnnd two of my close friends got engaged! So excited for Aisha and Zanrieann!


2. So anyone who knows us knows that we love pictures! Just something about capturing moments in a creative way. Well, what better time to break out the camera then now?? After randomly searching Craiglist, I happened to stumble upon an amazing photographer. Amber Vrai :-) We will be working with her in the next few months to capture my maternity and our newborn baby photos! I am so excited to work with her...(and WILL be duplicating the shots below...lol...Check her out!  Amber Vrai Photography!! 

ambervraiphotography.com
ambervraiphotography.com


























 The Low's
1. Just one low to report this week.
So I got a new prenatal fitness DVD: Summer Sander's Prenatal Workout. I was SO excited to see it in the mail because, my friends, pregnancy is no time to slack off. (And a slacker I have been!) Well, I pop the video in, watch a bit of it...and after the first 10 minutes - O...M...G! I think I almost passed out. It wasn't even that intense, I have just been so out of it the past few months, that I forgot how hard it is to get BACK into it! Honestly, I had a momentary lapse of depression. Like ...Wow Tania really? Your tired already? This is sad. Very sad. I even started crying! (Blame it on the preggy hormones I suppose.) I think I felt extremely sensitive because just a few nights before I was up really late - a case of insomnia- watching an episode of  "I Used to be Fat" on MTV and I really sympathized with one of the girls. She was crying, and thought she couldn't do it. She wanted desperately to overcome, yet felt so defeated. Fitness is such a mental thing, no matter your size. I keep trying to remind myself that its important to stay healthy for myself, and the life growing within me. So, I think with my husbands encouragement to PUSH, and motivation through prayer and the Word...I think I will get past it. Well I hope.

Philippians 4:13
“I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”

Isaiah 40:29-31 
“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” 

Hebrews 12:11-13
“No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.”




Red Light SpecialValentine's Day!!!

So Valentine's day for us was sweet, loving and simple. I think the thing I loved most about it was neither of us had these big ornate plans, you know like the kind you do when your dating and still trying to win the affections of another. (hehe -dating is  soo expensive - marriage is CHEAP! - jk) 
It's the simplicity of it all that I loved most. Aaron was super excited that I got him a card that said "I love you...despite what my mood swings may indicate." (Pregnancy causes a lot of those) I loved his card that read "The thing I love most of about my day is coming home to you."  We watched his favorite movie (a musical might I add), went to Outback SteakHouse Saturday night (our fav. restaurant outing) and I got red velvet cupcakes (a preggy girls dream come true!) He even played along with me like we were food critiques on an episode of Cupcake Wars. Loved it! :-)

But of course....I had to go and break out...the Red Dress. Ha-ha. Story: So my friend Lydia bought this dress as a wedding/honeymoon gift for me, but I had yet to wear it. Now that I am 5 months pregnant, I figured, well I better try to squeeze into it now, before its too late. Soo...after struggle for 30 mins, I managed to zip it up, belly and all...(hold your obnoxious laughter please)...and Aaron loved it! I think it was the shrink wrapped (and suffocating) belly he found most attractive. Ha-Ha.


 My friends these are the days that make marriage just fun - unconditional love, mixed with a dose of dorky humor.♥

















Ta-Ta for now,

Tania W.♥




5 comments:

  1. Gotta love a married valentines day! :)
    Super excited that you found an awesome photographer! I can't wait to see the pics! I love that ya'll do such a great job chronicling life in such a sweet, enduring & humble way. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red dress Tania!! So Cute! Lydia has great taste. Speaking about dresses.. mine came in. I'm kinda nervous to go try it on. I'm going tomorrow... pray i love it! lol So glad you're getting photographed too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, here I am BBM'ing you and I can just post a comment here! Great! So I would just like to say you look ABSOLUTELY HOTTT in that dress! Good job Lyds on picking it out. Stick with the working out, you will get there! I guess it takes more strength to carry the little one and work out with him right in your belly :-) Can't wait for the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww! Thanks! Yall are toooo sweet! Btw, UPDATE: The workouts are getting better! Praise God! I am loving this new DVD now..feeling tight all over...oh! what a feeling! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww! You are the most beautifulest sexiest pregnant woman in a red dress I ever sawed! Omg I think u look amazing! I can imagine what Aaron thought haha! Love you guys! Hugs & kisses from afar!

    ReplyDelete