Pages

♥ Read. Comment. Follow. ♥

Friday, May 6, 2011

Baby Shower and More!



Hi All,

Happy Friday...What a week...i am feeling nothing short of ex-haus-ted! This little boy is growing an arm and a leg every day it feels! Ok ok...get it together Tania "Woohoo saww...woohoo sawww"..breathing.

Alright here we go peeps...are you having a good week?
I hope you are :-) It so hard with these blog things - this is a one way relationship! (So not fair!...you know all about my life...and I don't know about yours...lol) Call me! I need updates! (Make sure its before June 14th, because I am not sure I will have time to speak to you after...once this little boy comes!) lol


Our Agenda:
34 Weeks! - Baby Update
April 28, 2010 - Happy Re-birthday to me!
Baby Shower Pics



34 Weeks...the Countdown Continues!
*babycenter.com
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

HOW AM I FEELING?
Oh boy...I  am exhausted, fatigued, everything hurts from my feet to my fingers. In fact, I can't even get my wedding band off anymore! Good thing this marriage is forever! The doctor told me to take it easy on my feet to reduce some of the swelling...Soooo you know what that means...the heels have been retired! Yep!...I never thought this day would come, but here it is! No more heels from here on out. I mean, I can barely keep my balance anyway, so perhaps it is for the best! lol... On a brighter note, I am loving my belly...:-) Its just so cute, hard, and round...lol (Probably the tightest thing on my body right now..haha - sad I know) And sooo far I have gained about 30 lbs...Whew...(huge pill to swallow) But I am just trying to focus on eating healthy - its been sooo hard these past few weeks! All I want is fried chicken and icecream (noo not together..although maybe that would be tasty!) lol...Just trying to put baby's health first...he eats what I eat! (Ahh poor guy...hope he's not TOO much of a chunky monkey lol)


April 28, 2011 - Happy Re-birthday To Me
So as you may have read on my facebook status last week, it has been 4 years since I rededicated my life to Christ and got baptized! On that day, I officially and publicly declared to everyone my decision to follow Christ! And honestly, I do not know where I would be if it wasn't for Him. Everything I have, all that I am, all the blessings I have received from him - my joy, my peace, my marriage...all stem back to that day! He is so faithful! He is SO much better than anything this world has to offer. I am so glad he opened my eyes, and changed my life. My life was a never ending roller-coaster of brokenness, depression, and confusion of purpose. Yet no one even really knew! My facade of happiness on the surface, masked my brokenness within.  And then one day - he came in and picked me up, redeemed me, and made me new. Praise God! His love is simply amazing.


2 Corinthians 5:17 - "This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!"

Philippians 3:12-14 "I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

*SN: If you are where I once was and would like to read more about my story of Redemption, I wrote about it on my other blog..Click here. I pray the Lord uses it to speak to you wherever you are in your journey with Him.

This race has not been easy...no..far from it..but every step I take, everything in my past that I painfully walked away from has been so worth it! Never turning back! :-)


Baby Shower Pics!
I can not express my gratitude enough to my sister Tracy and my friends here in Austin for throwing Aaron and I an amazing Baby Shower here in Austin. I think what I enjoyed most was just seeing the friends we have made over the last 8 months all in the same room! It is so awesome to have the love and support of so many people. I remember when I first got to Austin, I thought how will we ever meet anyone? Will I ever make any friends here? It was a tough transition! But as I said, The LORD is FAITHFUL! When he says not to worry...Philippians 4:6... he MEANS it! So here we are, celebrating the soon arrival of our son, with people who love the Lord and love us....Couldn't have been happier :-)

Here are some pics from the day :-)
Meredith Signing In on the Baby Onesie :-)

Sam! He was dominating the games! This was the "guess the size of my belly" game lol

The Trivia Questions had them stumped!


Baby Food Feeding Game

Brett and Melissa! THE token couple with 3 beautiful children - they knew ALL of the trivia questions lol!

The Newlyweds...sooo cute. Love you guys!

Cute Cupecake Cake :-) Yummy!

Me and My Baby Daddy ;-) lol

Aaron and My Amazing Big Sister Tracy! Thanks so much Trace! Your the best!

All my lovely friends that helped with the shower (Amelia, Alisa, Melissa, Megan, and Tracy)...Love you! xoxo

The Ladies! - So much fun :-)

The Gentlemen! Some of the hubby's stayed home...but these guys came thru big time! I love co-ed baby showers!

The Gifts....Thank you, thank you thank you! :-)

Aaron's Grad School Dream Team! lol...The people that see him more than I do!
 
Primary Color theme! Woohoo!

I love this guy...

My and my brother Delano (aka Frankie) :-)

I was trying to pick his nose :-p

Happy :-)...The End!

4 comments:

  1. love this! hi frankie!!

    I wish I could've been there :-(

    I will make my Austin debut soon!!!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My God I pray I can be this happy. Not only your love of God but love for each other. You guys are my inspiration, now only to sit and wait for "Mr. Right" lol.

    ~Thaniel~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww the party turned out great! Happy Mother's Day!!! Love you guys! -Ashley G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you ship me a cupcake?? LoL... LOVE it and LOVE YOU all! Kisses and Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete