Hello again friends and followers,
You know let me just take a moment to say thank you sooo much to all of you that have been reading my blog. It means so much to me that even in my own little world (without much going on but being pregnant hehe) I have people around that care about me and take the time to tell me. Ahh you all make my day...thank you 100x! :-)
Ok on to this weeks agenda! What a exciting yet exhausting week for my hubby and I! It was Spring Break week for him, so we pretty much spent the entire week in shorts and an old tee, sanding and painting things for the nursery....but more on that in a moment! Here is what we shall discuss:
The Agenda:
1. Head Over Heels - Wearing Heels During Pregnancy
2. High's and Lows
3. The Nursery Project
3. The Nursery Project
4. Preggy Pics: Featuring Friends!
HEAD OVER HEELS: Wearing Heels During Pregnancy
*courtesy of maternityandstyle.com
There is still so much we don't know about how the body changes during pregnancy, which is why the debate over the safety of high heels during pregnancy continues. Many women enjoy wearing their heels while pregnant, and according to medical professionals, that's okay as long as you're aware of the risk. Falling down is the greatest risk to wearing high heels during pregnancy. Your center of gravity is shifted due to your changing shape, and adjusting it even more by wearing heels can leave you feeling off-balance. Mariah Carey experienced this phenomenon early in her pregnancy when she fell down on stage in late 2010 while wearing heels. On the other hand, whether or not you should wear heels is also about comfort. During pregnancy, stilettos tend to put more stress on the lower back than they normally would. Plus, most women experience edema during pregnancy, causing their feet to swell and become more sensitive. If you aren’t experiencing any of these problems, then there is no medical reason not to wear heels.Are you continuing to wear heels through your pregnancy?
My answer: Yes! Well for now at least. They say everything in moderation right? I mean, I'm def not the girl to rock 6 inch stilletos to the grocery store (are you in-SANE!) but if I am going out on the town (who am I kidding?...) if i am going to church lol...I will put on a 3 or 4 incher...Yet perhaps my confidence in doing this (while being 28 weeks pregnant) can't be attributed to myself, but the support of my hubby, who I am constantly locking arms with to prevent a fall...Now if my feet begin to swell, or my belly grows entirely to big to be comfortable for me and the baby over these last few months..well then...hello flats!
Until then, I guess heels make me feel like even though I am pregnant, I am still beautiful, I am still girly, and classy...should I really have to compromise those things? Just my take.
Highs and Lows
The Highs
1. Jeans in Juniors - So I went to Macy's last weekend and I found myself mozing over to the juniors section, call it nastalgia, wishful thinking perhaps...So as I surf the racks looking for stretchy jeans, over-sized tees, and maxi dresses, the sales lady comes over and jokingly remarks "well now, this is different... shouldn't you be over in maternity?" I laughed - though slightly offended - and told her that I am not defined by my belly! I can shop in any department - and if the shoe fits - I am wearing it! Needless to say, 30 minutes and 13 bucks later, I left the mall with my skinny Levi's jeans in hand! Pic Above! (Mmmhmm...take THAT Sales lady! :-p)2. Israel New Breed Concert
My hubby and I went to the ah-maz-ing Israel concert on Thursday! I can't not say enough about our experience. It was truly God breathed. So much MORE than a "concert." It was a true harmonious worship session to Jesus! It was just awesome to look all around me and see, from the people on stage to the 13 year old girl to my left, we all lifted our hands and just worshiped the Lord. He truly used Israel and his musical gifting to touch the very core of my being. I thought for a moment as he sung "He Knows My Name", and "Moving Forward"...I reminisce on the melody, the lyrics...It so easy to have spiritual amnesia as a Christian. To forget who I am, who I belong to. To forget how the Lord has completely transformed my life. Forget the moment that I decided to never turn back to the ways of this world again...its moments like this...that bring them back to life. Jesus, I live to worship you.3. Child Birth Class
Informative, Enlightening, Fun - Loved it! Aaron and I went to the 5 hour class, pillow in hand, ready to soak up all the knowledge we could! And boy did we...so many of our concerns we answered! How to breath through contractions, vaginal tears, how painful is it??, breastfeeding, c-section worries - you name it - our nurse answered it! ( I love this woman and her amazing sense of humor) Referring to babies as "little critters," and warning us that "newborns can often resemble aliens at first" lol. We even saw a video (real and raw) of a live birth! It was intense! Yet..enlightening :-) Can't wait for our follow up class next Saturday!The Lows
1. SPRING BREAK IS OVERRR!!! :-( Why did it have to go by so fast? Not ready for my hubs to go back to school yet :-( Sigh...
The NURSERY PROJECT!
Aaron and I have been working all week trying to put a cute little room together for baby Woods. So far so good. We aren't done, but I am excited for our progress. Many of our items, including the armoire and changing table were purchased off of CL, then Aaron sanded and painted them and we even changed out the knobs! Which I adore :-) Meanwhile, I was working on decorating letters! I can not describe to you all how tasking it was to make 26 letters look completely different while only using 4 different colors (red, blue, green, and yellow) Mixing shades, mixing patterns, etc etc...whew! Welp here are the results of this weeks work. Next we will be getting our crib and other things put in. Fun times ahead! Stay tuned!
![]() |
| Poor Babes...good thing we got you that palm sander! |
![]() |
| So much more to go! lol |
![]() |
| The beautiful knobs we found at Hobby Lobby! LOVE! |
![]() |
| Sanded, Painted, Top Piece Made from Scratch!!! Nice Work Honey! |
![]() |
| A close up! Dont you love the knobs! |
![]() |
My little project - these letters! I wish you could have seen the paint covering my arms and legs! Ugh! |
![]() |
| All Done! Now I just have to hang them! U like?? Edit: So I can't take FULL credit for the ABC Wall Idea - Here is where I stole it from lol...(pretty similar no?) |
PREGGY PICS: Featuring Friends
Well this week I wanted to give a shout out to my friends that are also expecting! Yey!
Please show them some love! :-)
Kim - 28 Weeks
Lauren - 24 Weeks!
Zanrieann - 24 weeks!

Alrighty! That's all I got for now folks. Love you mucho!
XOXO
Tania W♥











Go Aaron!.. Also, i'm excited to see how the nursery turns out. I saw the pic you posted a couple weeks ago, of the letters and etc.
ReplyDelete:) Tasha.
Wow, Tania every single time I read your blog it is so inspiring!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, I am so proud of you making every effort to keep yourself looking great and beautiful. Seriously, Aaron should have no fear of you ever letting yourself go, because all of the evidence is in the other direction!!
You inspire me with the heels situation! LOL Here I am, non-pregnant, finding every reason why heels are the enemy, and there you are at 28 weeks pregnant ensuring that you look your best!! Those things are important, I've been realizing lately, and if you ask Lydia or Ana, they'll tell you I've been getting higher grades on my fashion report card lately haha for example, Ana actually borrowed MY CLOTHES this past spring break, multiple times! Lydia saw Ana one day and then me later on in the week wearing the same clothes, and she was like 'Cindy, are you wearing Ana's clothes, again?' I was like, "these are actually mine this times lyds!!" LOL Anyways, it was a proud moment, as I am known to be the borrower on occasion haha And go you on making it work in the Junior's section, by not getting deterred by comments that can sometimes hurt more than expected. So proud!
Also, I absolutely LOVE the nursery theme/primary colors idea!! Man, your son is going to know every letter by remembering the way his momma painted and designed each one, especially for him. He's going to be top of his Kindergarten class!! LOL And I LOVE the knobs and the letters Tania! They look sooo good!
Oh, and huge props to Aaron! Tell him I give him the husband of the month award (I can give that out still, while I don't have one of my own haha) But seriously, I love the way he has been so supportive and protective of you during this very special, yet vulnerable time. The work he put into those cabinets!! Looks great Tania!!
One more note, you look FABULOUS Tania!! Seriously, you look great!!
One more note lol I wish I could visit sooo bad!! LOL oh well, hopefully sooner than later.
I know this is been a very long "comment" lol but I guess I had a lot to say :)
Miss you and love you,
Cindy
Rock those skinny jeans!!!! You look great in them! And I love your top!
ReplyDeleteKudos to you and Aaron for all the things you're doing for the baby room. They're all super cute. I love, love, LOVE the ABC letters, especially the big striped Z.
Candyce
Tasha - Thank you! The pic from a few weeks ago was actually someone elses! I just did mine this week...but they are pretty similiar (just realized it haha) I put the pic back up to compare :-)
ReplyDeleteCindy
I love you! You overwhelm me with love and laughter! haha...i miss you so much. Thank you so much for all you detailed comments. And I am VERY...let me say VERY proud of your stylish achievements! Haha...I know Ana borrowing your stuff is pretty big haha...but you always had a sense of style, I hope now you are coming to appreciate actually SHOPPING and not having Czar or Ana pick cute things out for you..lol. My fashion note for you: Find shirts (racer back), and flare dresses that show off your beautiful small frame and lovely backbones! haha...
Thanks for the nursery love! Isn't it fab?I cant wait to put them on the wall! And you are right about him knowing his alphabet haha..He will have it mastered before the age of 2! lol...
I will be sure to let Aaron know about his "husband of the month" award...and also that it will expire shortly (50-something days away ;-) And SOMEONE will be giving him a run for his money...haha...
Love you Cind...miss you TOO much! Come visit after your I DO's ;-)
-Tanz
Candice! - thanks girly! That top was a NON maternity find too...and a bargain..like 15 bucks! Yes!!...oh and the Z is def my fav too :-)
ReplyDelete