Ok, so of course I have to apologize for my 3 week absence...honestly I have just been a lazy bones! I mean @ 37 weeks now, honestly I feel like all I have been doing for the past couple of weeks is WAITING! lol...So everyday I say to myself "what the heck should I write about?" lol....I still dont know, but I will figure it out as I go.
Soooo as I said I am OFFICIALLY 37 Weeks!! I can't believe it honestly! My little boy can come at ANY moment...its such a weird feeling to think...wow. He can be here today, tomorrow, next week...who knows. My hubby has finished his coursework for the semester and now has a bit of a break before starting his summer research. So I have really been ENJOYING my time with him as much as possible before we go from simply hubby and wife to mommy and daddy. You know its amazing, that realization that we will soon take on this new role, that our lives are about to take a dramatic turn, has brought us closer together. Its like...I am savoring every single smile, every single cuddle, moment of quiet, every day that I can wake up after 9am in his arms...I know it sounds corny...and I am not saying that alllll goes down the drain once baby comes...but the reality is, things will be a bit different. And that is ok. Change is good. I think of it as, enjoy today for what it brings you, yet also look forward to tomorrow.
Ok that was a long intro! Whew...here is what we have on the Agenda:
Agenda
1. 37 Weeks Baby Update
2. Preggy Dougie
3. Doc Appt
4. Latest Pics
Baby Update: 37 Weeks
*babycenter.com
"Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz."
Preggy Dougie
Most of you may have seen our silly video on facebook already...it took like almost the whole day for my hubby to convince me that putting it up wouldnt make a mockery of me...lol...and it did, but it was still fun none the less...
So here we are...literally bags packed, windows dusted, all clothes washed, baby gear all set up...with NOTHING TO DO! lol...so we look at each other..and say...lets learn the Dougie..."I'm gunna Dougie my way into labor!" Yesss! lol...
Well it didn't work - yet. I think I will give it another shot today. lol...
SN: Do you know how HARD it is to have any sort of rhythm, coordination with a massive belly hanging in front of you?!...Omg, I was like...why can I not control my body! Haha...quite an experiment that was!
Anyway here is the video..if you would like to laugh at our expense once again :-P
Doctors Appointment
So Aaron and I went for our (now weekly) check up at the OB/GYN and she told me that I am officially 2cm dilated and baby is head down! (For those of you who have no clue what that means just know that its exciting news!) Well, it means he really can come at anytime and that I am progressing towards labor :-) I was excited especially to hear about the 2cm because THAT means 2 more centimeters less of pain that I will have to endure during labor before having my son! LOL...I am hoping to be like 4-5cm before labor actually begins...but I think that is a BIT unrealistic...lol By the way...you have to get to 10cm total before you can actually PUSH the baby out..lol...Latest Pics
Alright without further adue...here are the latest pics we have been taking...Btw, the nursery is finally complete!!...Look out for a video tour on that one once baby arrives :-)
![]() |
| a couple of my favorite outfits... |
![]() |
| Aaron: "Monkeys and Bears?!...babe that is NOT an outfit!" lol (oops) |
![]() |
| i know you see those GATOR colors! :-) |
![]() |
| cute little jumper i found at ross |
![]() |
| My absolute favorite PJ outfit yet! From Auntie Lorriane :-) |
![]() |
| Sleepfaced smile...and about to pop! |
![]() |
| my new diaper bag :-) |
![]() |
| swollen ring finger :-( I CANT GET IT OFF! |
![]() |
| Shelves that Aaron hung up! :-) |
![]() |
| 36 weeks! Hospital tour! |
![]() |
| cheeeessse! Excited about the hospital tour :-) |













Sooo exciting!
ReplyDelete-Mimi
You guys are so stinkin CUTE! I wish you didn't live do far away:( Praying for a smooth and easy labor and delivery for you...and good nurses;) love you guys!
ReplyDeletePs use evening primrose oil daily and you just might start out at 4-5cm!
~ Brandy
I'm rollin on the preggie dougie!!!LOL! You guys are so awesome! Can't wait to see pictures of Elijah! Love you guys!:)
ReplyDeleteHello! I am a new follower of your blog and I'm pretty sure that you have had your little one by now!! I pray that all went well and cant wait to see pics!!! :)
ReplyDelete