Yes Part 2!
Our baby boy is 3 months today! How time flies. So I wanted to share with you this note I wrote to him, some of Elijah's milestones and treasured moments.
Dear Elijah,
As your 3 month birth date approaches I cant help but to think how much you have already grown in such a short time. You have started to stuff 4 fingers in you mouth while you engage in conversation, with yourself. Honestly, watching you stick those 4 soggy little fingers into your mouth, as you coo is the cutest thing ever. That is until you accidentally gag yourself with them and start coughing. Lol...I shouldn't be laughing but it's quite hilarious!
Your getting so chunky, you started wearing size 3 months two weeks ago and ur plump little booty barely fits in ur size 1 diaper. Last week I tried to squeeze you into your newborn onsie, the one you wore home from the hospital, and it looked my like a baby muscle tee! I can't help but to be a little sad that I can't squish you down and keep you in my arms forever. I know I will miss it.
I was looking at you beautiful birthing photos today and started to tear up. I will never forget that day. You were so little. I have cherished watching you grow every single day. I remember wondering when your skin would stop peeling, and now I wish I could feel that peeling skin again. Even now, daddy and I tease you about your double chin, your over-sized noggin, even the bald spot that is appearing on the back of your head (i even tried putting a satin pillowcase in you bassinet just for kicks... it didn't help lol) But know one day I will miss seeing you, just as you are right now..
I love your pouty lip before you cry. I love the way you turn you head to find me when your in your swing, and they way you smile when I smile. I love how you jump like a fish out of water these days in the bath tub (as if we havent gone thry this routine every single night). I love how you suck on my shoulder and leave a puddle of drool while I am rocking you to sleep. I love slow dancing with you; we practice our waltz, I spin you around and your tiny little palm clinges so tightly around my finger... I know its only a reflex, but it makes me feel so loved :-) I love how you try to talk over me while I am on the phone, and laugh when I try to cover your mouth lol...I love watching you fall asleep on daddy's chest, (as you both snore in unison)..lol I can go on forever, but the point is, I just love loving you.
Love,
Mommy

















I feel like i know him and ive never met him :)...makes every girl want to run out and buy one of those little beauties...but i know there is nothing like the 9 months of pregnancy, hours of labor & delivery and endless years of life after birth...So happy to know an amazing mom like you...and to think, I used to make fun of your child rearing skills prior to conceiving your little man...Ive loved watching you grow into the God fearing, loving wife and mother you have become...God is good...live on...love you
ReplyDelete<3 Aisha