So its been forever I know! My mommy duties have kicked in to overdrive! I am now a mother to an adorable, active (border line crazy!) 6 month old son. I literally look at this kid most days and wonder where he is getting all this personality from and then I remember how crazy me and daddy can be..lol
6 months - 6 months ago he was just a little thing with a wobbly head and big bright eyes...and I can't believe in just 6 more months he will be a year old. (Time to get a head start on the birthday plans!...hey call me overzealous but I say its never too early to begin putting my creative genius to work:-p
Well I am sure I have left you all somewhat disappointed by just falling off the blogesphere for the past few months, but I decided hey - its never to late to try again :-) So here I am - I am taking a facebook break and I think I will reinvest my time into blogging again...its theraputice in some ways...yey!
He got his first cold this week - and passed it on to me too (snot nosed monster!)
He likes to make gurgle sounds while on his back (with the puddle of drool that forms in the back of his mouth lol)
He is a CHUNK - 17lbs 9 oz of love...and I am lovin every single inch
His feet smell like cheese ALL the time - socks or not (must have inherited that from Daddy :-p ) jk hunnie
He tried to stand up in his playpen today - yea I am pretty sure that's ahead of schedule lol
He like peas and green beans more than bananas - or any other fruit - (odd i know)
And he can't crawl just yet - but the doesn't stop him from getting where he needs to go - (roll, leap on his belly, roll again, reach with the left hand anddd- got it! (usually its my phone that motivates his adventures the most)...Kids and technology - crazy.
I LOVE THE WAY...
I love the way his hand reaches up to gentle touch my face (and sometimes not so gently) when he is nursingI love the way he laughs so hard that he literally can't breathe and has to stop and catch his breath
I love the way he looks in his GAP pjs
I love the way he plays in his crib all by himself when he wake up in the morning...then the smile he gives when we approach his crib
I love SO many things...but I will stop here...
So as I said Elijah has a pretty bad cold - which means he has been waking up very frequently in the middle of the night. Meaning like every 2 hours. So one night, it had gotten pretty bad, so I decided to just camp out downstairs on the couch next to his bedroom. After a few minutes, my hubby joins me and brings the comforter down. Then me, him and Elijah all fall asleep right there on the couch curled up in our comforter. Arms all wrapped around one another. And just when the dawn rose, I woke and realized everything I could ever want was nestled right here in my arms. To see the soft glow of the dawning of a new day rest so gently on the faces I love most, and listen to them breathing, sleeping so soundly - it gave me such a picture of our Heavenly Father and how much he adores to just look upon his children. To give us rest in His warm embrace.
Oh Lord, I love you. Thank you for giving moments of "heaven on earth" in the sweetest and simplest moments of my life.
With Love,

No comments:
Post a Comment