I'm back again :-) Happy 10 months to my big boy - only 2 more to go until he reaches "big boy" status! Woohoo :-) Lets get this party started!... (literally)
The Agenda:
Party Planning Inspiration Boards
Picnicking in the Blue Bonnets
Stay at Home Daddy Week
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Party Planning Inspiration Boards
Ok so, I have a confession. My sons birthday is 2 months away and I have already started searching (somewhat exhaustively) for inspiration for his birthday party. 2 months..ok so maybe that's not bad, but lets just say I started around oh 4 months ago! (I know, I know. But I can't help it!) The creative, diy, enthusiast in me is overly excited about this. Many people don't see the point in going all out for a birthday he wont even remember, and I hesitate thinking this as well. But then, I read somewhere it is more so a celebration for the US (the parents) Almost like a "Congrats You Made It Through the First Year of Parenthood" party. A right of passage so to speak. Or an "If You Think That Was Tough - Welcome to Toddler-hood" party. Either way it goes, I am always looking for a reason to get creative and take on a new project.
So here are the Inspiration Boards I created for Elijah's 1st Birthday party. In a perfect world, I would spend all my days slaving away creating cute little nothings for his party - hence the inspiration boards - but honestly I will probably only do 1 or 2 ideas because time my friends is just not on my side like it used to be! But nevertheless, I just love to dream hehe...
So I am trying to decide between two themes: Cowboy or Farm Animals
COWBOY THEME:
Being that he was born in Texas (and mommy and daddy were not) I thought the cowboy theme would be cute. Especially if any family comes in to town. On the other hand, I think the cowboy theme can be so much MORE fun if he were older (like 5 or so) so he can actually PLAY and enjoy being a cowboy. lolFARM ANIMAL THEME:
Very similar in style to cowboy, still cute, but a bit more age appropriate - not as fun as the Cowboy theme though in my eyes.
So what do you all think? Your vote/comment below please!
Picnicking in the Blue Bonnets
Spring is HERE! Yey! Fun Fact: The Blue Bonnet is the Texas State Flower. And you can find them growing in random fields just about everywhere! They are so beautiful, especially when they first bloom. I met Aaron for lunch a few weeks ago and we ate our lunch in a blue bonnet field by his lab. Needless to say it was a picture worthy moment - a bit overcast, but beautiful nonetheless!
| My little explorer! He was literally jumping out my arms! |
Stay at Home Daddy Week
I recently went on an interview for a work from home job opportunity and praise the Lord, I got the job! I will be working part-time during the week from home for a insurance lead generation company. It turned out to be a complete blessing because I simply scheduled my times around Elijah's naps!
So in other news, with this job came on-site training last week from 8am - 3pm. So Aaron and I switched places! He stayed at home to watch the baby and I went off to work! Hehe.
This is what I was up to:
![]() |
| Hello Working World - haven't seen you in a while! |
![]() |
| The beautiful view from the office |
![]() |
| Front Desk/ Waiting Area |
![]() |
| Training |
![]() |
| More Training - Healthy Snacks and Lunch Included You can write on all the walls in the building - pretty cool. |
Meanwhile - this is what he was up to:
![]() |
| Good morning!...Wait a minute - your not mommy! |
![]() |
| Daddy's home?! - (So sad I missed seeing him wake up) |
![]() |
| Breakfast time! (Eggs yummy) |
![]() |
| Ready to go out for errands - front carrier, diaper bag and all! |
![]() |
| Because every Stay at Home Dad needs to take the car to the shop lol |
![]() |
| Whats for lunch today daddy? Oh Buffalo Wild Wings!...Mommy's never taken me here! |
![]() |
| First time in his big boy booster seat - without Mommy :-( |
![]() |
| Ok , I'm starting to like this - sports and a bottle, what more could I ask for! |
![]() |
| The boys :-) |
![]() |
| Time to do some grocery shopping! |
![]() |
| What's a little Target shopping without some playtime (aka distractions) in between? |





















Omg the many faces of Elijah had me dying...and then I saw you holding him by a leg and i was like what in the world and then I read the subtitle and was like omgosh he's an anxious one isn't he!? Reminds me of his feedings and how he used to throw himself in to the appropriate position hahahaha! Goooo team Aaron for holding down the fort! Miss you guys bunches the pics make me feel like i was there. member...Tania, Aaron, Lydia, Tania, Aaron, Lydia & now Tania, Aaron, Elijah, Lydia. :)
ReplyDeleteLol yes boo - he is a HANDFUL! To say the least. And he is still throwing him self into "the appropriate" positions lol - at the most inappropriate times might I add! (Weaning shall commence soon - pray for us!) lol...miss you so much boo! Thanks for the commentary
ReplyDeletexoxo
-Tania
This was definitely my favorite blog of all time! I got kinda scared and had a 0_0 moment when I Elijah upside down. Lol the caption helped me exhale tho. Congrats on the job!!! That's super exciting! I am going to vote for the Cowboy theme bc you don't know where you'll be in 5 years or your mind will have thought up by then. Love ya babes!
ReplyDelete-Ashley G L
I agree with everyone else, this picture was my fave!!! LOL: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9FgHfhFDjBo/T4W4y-jrcMI/AAAAAAAACD0/d727y05kIiU/s1600/IMG_4825.JPG
ReplyDeleteThe caption saved the day or else *whew!* ... hahaha. I haven't visited in a while but this blog put a big smile on my face. You always have little nuggets and lessons learned seasoned all throughout. Love it!
I'm also rooting for the Cowboy theme since that is your fave. I agree that the farm animals theme is more age appropriate but a bit tame, go hard! By age 5, he'll be into Robots or who knows what :)
Congrats on the job! It's sooo ideal! :-) Elijah is sooo big. Man- can't believe he's about to be 1!
ReplyDeleteSo ... on the party front (lol)- I really like the farm animal idea! I think it can be a lot of fun. You can have a PETTING ZOO!! (How ah-mazing would that be? I may or may not have googled petting zoo options in Austin and may or may not have stumbled across this site: http://www.tinytailstoyou.com/). Butttt this may be better when he's older? I dunno. Just a thought!
It's highly rated on Yelp but it's a bit on the expensive side :-/ So maybe it can be an idea for the future?
Anywhos- enjoy spring! :-)
Lol! Yall are so crazy! But i love you so very much! Thank God for good captions huh? Yall over there doubting my motherhood lol. (Good thing you dont see the daily course of events happening over here lol)...but yea he is such a wild child - but i love it :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the party suggestions! Chardaie, I am thinking of going with the cowboy because a friend of mine has a bunch of cowboy themed stuff to give me! Yey...so exciting :-) But you are right about the cute little petting zoo idea - but not old enough yet :-( He would probably be scared. SN: why does your name say "Clair"??
Let the festivities begin!
Love all of you! xoxo
Hi! It's Candyce.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the job!!!! I'm so glad you got it. These pictures of Elijah are so cute.
I vote cowboy theme as well. Or, you can just call it "Texas Rancher"-themed, and he can be dressed like a cowboy with farm animals incorporate in the theme. So, yeah. I vote Texas Rancher. ;)